Over the past two weeks, the PostGIS development team has been working hard to get out PostGIS 1.5.2 in time for the PostgreSQL 9.0 release. This release contains fixes allowing PostGIS to compile against 9.0. Due to an unfortunate turn of events, we missed the cut by a couple of days and are currently
experiencing technical difficulties with the postgis.org website. These should be resolved soon and barring no further difficulties, we should have the final PostGIS 1.5.2 ready late this week.
On the plus side, we do have a PostGIS 1.5.2 rc1 available for download from our PostGIS Wiki Release Candidate Downloads section. Please feel free to test these
out so that we have a smooth release.
Paul's related post is here
Here are the details of what is fixed:
- This is a bug fix release, addressing issues that have been
filed since the 1.5.1 release.
- Bug Fixes
- Loader: fix handling of empty (0-verticed) geometries in shapefiles.
- #536, Geography ST_Intersects, ST_Covers, ST_CoveredBy and
Geometry ST_Equals not using spatial index (Regina Obe, Nicklas Aven)
- #573, Improvement to ST_Contains geography
- Loader: Add support for command-q shutdown in Mac GTK build (Paul Ramsey)
- #393, Loader: Add temporary patch for large DBF files
(Maxime Guillaud, Paul Ramsey)
- #507, Fix wrong OGC URN in GeoJSON and GML output (Olivier Courtin)
- spatial_ref_sys.sql Add datum conversion for projection SRID 3021
- Geography - remove crash for case when all geographies are out of
the estimate (Paul Ramsey)
- #469, Fix for array_aggregation error (Greg Stark, Paul Ramsey)
- #532, Temporary geography tables showing up in other user sessions
- #562, ST_Dwithin errors for large geographies (Paul Ramsey)
- #513, shape loading GUI tries to make spatial index when loading DBF only
mode (Paul Ramsey)
- #527, shape loading GUI should always append log messages
- #504 shp2pgsql should rename xmin/xmax fields (Sandro Santilli)
- #458 postgis_comments being installed in contrib instead of
version folder (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- #474 Analyzing a table with geography column crashes server
- #581 LWGEOM-expand produces inconsistent results
- #471 DocBook dtd errors (Olivier Courtin)
- Fix further build issues against PostgreSQL 9.0
- #572 Password whitespace for Shape File to PostGIS
Import not supported (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- #603 shp2pgsql: "-w" produces invalid WKT for MULTI* objects.
- #513 Add dbf filter to shp2pgsql-gui and allow uploading dbf only
We should have windows binaries available a short time after release. Unfortunately we do not have the 64-bit windows build ready yet, so you still have to use the 32-bit version of PostgreSQL 9.0 if you need PostGIS on windows.